No products in the cart.
It can be appreciated as a philosophy that simply enhances knowledge, or for those with a deeper interest, it can provide an approach for spiritual growth at all stages of life. These Buddhist Wisdom information sheets are a companion to the General Information sheets.
We have provided the following information as a guide for people who are interested in the Buddhist approach to living well and dying peacefully:
- Cultivating happiness – what is happiness and how to find happiness in both good times and bad.
- Mind and emotion – an understanding of the mind, how disturbing emotions cause suffering, and how positive states of mind cause happiness.
- Buddhist ethics – an ethical framework for a meaningful, positive life.
- Purifying mistakes – how to purify non-virtuous actions, and have peace of mind and no regrets at the end of life.
- Letting go of the fear of death – overcoming fear of death by exploring your beliefs and developing an understanding of the impermanent nature of life.
- A Tibetan Buddhist understanding of the dying process – the 8 stages experienced as we die.
- Buddhist theory of life, death and rebirth – understanding the continuity of mind and why living well is important in both this and future lives.
You can familiarise yourself further with some of these topics through a series of twelve meditations available as Karuna Care of the mind resources.