We understand that the diagnosis of a life threatening health condition may be the most confronting experience in life. Caring for a loved one at home when their health is deteriorating may be an unfamiliar and distressing role.
For more than 28 years Karuna has helped thousands of Queenslanders facing incurable illness to be where they want to be: with family, friends or loved ones, whilst receiving the best of care.
Our specialist staff work in partnership with clients and their loved ones to offer expert clinical and emotional support so that remaining at home is possible, peaceful and positive.
Karuna’s Home & Community Palliative Care is a no-fee service accessible throughout Brisbane’s Northern suburbs, Caboolture, Redcliffe and Bribie Island.
Karuna’s services include:
- Assessment of client health and social needs
- Pain and symptom management
- After hours support
- Liaising with the family GP and medical specialist
- Family counselling and emotional support
- Spiritual care
- Carer education, training and support
- Meditation programs
- Linkage to other community and social services
- Volunteer Support Service
To enquire about Nursing Support, please click here.
If you are needing urgent nursing support, please ask your treating doctor to contact us directly on 07 3632 8300.
Karuna has a reputation as a leader in bereavement support. We have a wealth of experience and expertise helping people suffering from grief and loss.
- psychology and counselling
- memorial services
- learning workshops
- online information